Pregnancy is a stage in life where most women do not want to go. However, you will still end up going through it when you get married and have kids. As such, you need to be prepared for this painful but exciting moment in your life! For sure, this is not a moment to be afraid of, a moment to avoid, or a moment to dread. You are celebrating the birth of a new life.
Though many consider this a blessing, no one can deny that pregnancy is hard. You will develop different kinds of stress, different kinds of pain, different kinds of fears and more. Many women dread the idea of getting pregnant. Some fear the idea of marriage or even entertaining the idea of relationships. This has brought women dreading irrational ideas, in the end, they are traumatized of being in love even before they become pregnant.
No one can really blame a woman for being afraid. It is not the men who will suffer. It should be noted that the pain, stress, and hardship women talk about when it comes to bearing children comes from a hard-to-learn truth. However, pregnancy should be a joyous day. Through the years, scientists and experts have given it all they have to turn the pain away and keep pregnancy a happy moment. They have developed many technologies but none as good as the maternity belts. You will be seeing what Maternity belts are, how to use the maternity belts, and even the benefits of using it if you read through.
What are maternity belts?
If you have been trying out a work out session and got pregnant, it will be hard to continue whatever it is you are doing. Many women are afraid of getting pregnant because they believe they will lose their shape. It is also a fact that as your belly gets larger, it will be harder to maintain an exercise regimen. Moreover, the skin gets irritated with different types of clothing. They also break your back with great weight. Fear not, because maternity belts will actually save you from your fears.
There are three different types of maternity belts. One is a belt that you put over your belly. Most kinds use a Velcro to fasten it. However, one problem it has is that it redistributes the weight that can be bad at times. Another type is a tube type of maternity belt. Lastly, there is the camisole type. This is the lightest of all types and provides all-out support.
Why use maternity belts?
Maternity belts are things that women wear to keep their bellies tucked so they can still proceed to do their workouts. It can also make you comfortable with the different types of safe material for your skin. Lastly, it provides the support needed so that you will not bend over as you carry your child. Your body will also need this to work effectively and keep yourself on your feet. Many kinds of work women do require walking and going around the office or even just around the house.
Some even allege that it can reduce and prevent stretch marks from occurring. It can provide relief for Sciatica. It can also dampen the pain in the hip and pelvis caused by hormones that prepare you for getting the baby out. Joint pain is also prevalent when pregnant so reverse all that with a maternity belt. Experts recommend that you use this product when you are having twins, triplets, or more.
In short, maternity belts provide one good goal – To make your pregnancy as easy as it can.
When do you use a maternity belt?
Most women recommend that you use it as soon as you hit your Second trimester. Women are also advised to wear it until the last month of their due dates. This is to keep the effects working out for you. The more you continue to use it, the more you will be safe from unwarranted pain. As you go on with your pregnancy, you will be using different positions and postures that your body was not prepared for. Because of this, maternity belts were created. It is to make you feel better while you expect your baby.
Is it worth buying such a thing?
Think and picture yourself in the following circumstances as you read on:
- You need to work out. Being pregnant is not an excuse. Actually, you need to exercise while you are expecting a baby to make sure you are healthy along the way. Maternity belts help you do that. Without proper exercise, you will be gaining weight, too much weight that will make you lose your physique. Most mothers who get fatter and larger because of the lack of exercise can develop cases of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder that will only make it hard for anyone to move on from all the pain.
- You will eventually need to work. Sometimes, your husband alone cannot support your whole family. This is because as the world goes on, the suffering will only go harsher than what it was before. Because of it, you will need to report to work even though you are pregnant. Think of it. You want to give your child good education and four to six months of lost wages cannot be accepted. You can also use that money for emergency purposes. If you also have dreams you have to accomplish, you will need that money to take yourself to new heights.
- There will be pain. One harsh reality you have to face is that there will be pain during pregnancy. An intense amount of pain, mind you. You will need to be able to withstand that pain for your child and your family. You will need all the help you can get. Even if you ease the pain by just a little bit, it will be of a great help to you. This way, you can be confident in the way you bring yourself to do every day’s tasks without having to think of excruciating pain.
- You can suffer long-term effects without help. Think of the different postures you may do as you carry your heavy belly around. Your knees will be overworked; your arms will work with double the strength it needs to propel you, and more. Basically, whatever you do while pregnant is at least twice as hard and for some, this is worse. You can get permanent joint and muscle problems as well as problems in the bone without the proper items and nutrients. Take note, it will be harder as the time goes and it will only go harder. The hardest point will be at the time most near your due date. That is also the time where you are more prone to all kinds of damages and permanent damage.
- You can get traumatized. Pregnancy should be celebrated because it will bring new life. This will break a woman’s mind and body, though. Women’s fear of pregnancy is not unfounded and baseless, too. When you sum everything about pregnancy, you talk about an intense amount of pain and a traumatizing event. If this pain gets to you, you’ll fear the idea if pregnancy forever and all acts that may lead to it. Yes, that includes love and making-love.
Warning! – Few Cons Ahead
Though maternity belts present great benefits and positive effects, it is very important that you consult with your doctor first. This is because back pain is natural to pregnancy and putting the maternity belts at the wrong time can mess your system up. The incorrect positioning may also make you uncomfortable as you wear it.
Here are detailed explanations of the few cons:
- Getting “too” used to maternity belts. As said above, pregnancy is a natural process that every woman will undergo sometime in her life. Maternity belts will be there to help you but make sure you learn to fight pregnancy yourself, too. Depending too much on maternity belts may make your muscles weak and unable to function well. Make sure to wear it for limited times during the day so that you will not develop great dependency. Three to four hours a day is good enough. Wear it when you move the most.
- You can position it wrong. You need to set the position of the maternity belt just right so that you will not experience any adverse effects. You may gain marks from the maternity belt because of wrong positioning. You can also set it too tight. This can make it very unnatural for the growth of the baby. As such, this impends possible problems during pregnancy.
It will be best to consult an expert on using it. They will be able to tell you when to use it, how to use it, and how often you should use it. Maternity belt are great help. With the correct practice, your pregnancy will be a breeze as you bring your baby into the world. We suggested to read next article “The Best 5 Maternity Belt Reviews” to helping you choose the right one.